Powered By Blogger

Friday 11 February 2011

Tauranga

Mt Maunganui very artistic in black and white




Barry looks for a new time share

So after a couple of days in Auckland left to my own devices which generally involved avoiding all the religious fanatics who kept making a bee line for me and a quick bit of protesting with the Eygtians, I arrived in Tauranga on the Bay of Plenty to visit fellow Odyssey travellers Barry and Pauline.  These two are the most active and fit people I know so I anticipated a bit of a hard time.  We went for a gentle walk initially, luckily for me the local mountain was closed due to landslips courtesy of Cyclone Wilma, however Pauline soon had us marching up a nearby hill, there's no escape.  A bike ride the next day took me all over the city and I only got slightly lost this time. The coastline near to Tauranga is wild and stunning and myself and Barry took a walk along from Waihi beach.  Of course I had to jog at times to keep up with Barry but the views made every step worthwhile.  So I had a great time and it was good to see the my kiwi friends again.  No doubt we'll meet again somewhere on our future travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment